Since 1961, UPCAP has established a rich legacy filled with accomplishments and achievements thanks to the efforts of staff, board members, partners, and consumers to serve its Mission & Vision. View Background & History page.
Building Resource Technician
UPCAP is accepting applications from individuals interested in learning and performing basic cleaning and maintenance skills through its Senior Employment Program. Duties of this training program included, but are not limited to: cleaning, shoveling, mowing, unit maintenance, and painting.
This is a part-time position through a federally-funded grant program. The host agency is located in Grand Marais in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Requirements - applicants must:
• be 55 years of age or older
• meet the grant's income & employment requirements
• have a valid Michigan driver license & MI residency
• be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
• have reliable transportation
• be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
• be able to work in hot and cold environmental conditions
• pass a criminal background screen
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application and resume as instructed below under the How to Apply section.
Part-Time Resident Care Worker
View job posting Open until filled.
How to Apply for UPCAP positions:
UPCAP requires a fully completed job application (link here), resume, and cover letter mailed to:
UPCAP, Attn: Executive Director, PO Box 606, Escanaba, MI 49829
or by fax (906)786-5853
Solicited and unsolicited submissions are accepted and will be kept on file for a period of one (1) year. View UPCAP 3.2 Recruiting & Hiring Policy.