Since 1961, UPCAP has established a rich legacy filled with accomplishments and achievements thanks to the efforts of staff, board members, partners, and consumers to serve its Mission & Vision. View Background & History page.
FT Administrative Assistant
UPCAP is accepting applications for a FT Administrative Assistant for its Human Resources Department in the Escanaba office.
This position requires:
• a minimum associates degree in business administration, management,
accounting, or related field,
• three years related work experience,
• very strong communication and organizational skills,
• fluency with Microsoft Word and Excel, and
• travel throughout the Upper Peninsula
This full-time position includes a competitive wage with a full fringe benefit package.
Interested individuals should mail cover letter, resume, and printable application to:
NHS Manager, PO Box 643, Escanaba, MI 49829
or fax: 906-789-5951
PT Maintenance & Grounds Worker
UPCAP is accepting applications for a part-time (20 hrs/wk) Maintenance & Grounds Worker for the Grand Marais area.
To qualify for consideration for this federally-funded Senior Employment Program, individuals must meet the following:
• be 55 years of age or older
• meet income and employment requirements
• able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
• able to stand for prolonged periods of time
• able to work in hot and cold conditions
• pass a criminal background check
• be interested in learning and performing basic cleaning and maintenance skills
This is a training program and duties of the position will include but are not limited to: cleaning, shoveling, mowing, unit maintenance, and painting for the host agency located in Grand Marais.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application, resume, and cover letter as instructed in the How to Apply section below.
How to Apply for UPCAP positions:
UPCAP requires a fully completed job application (printable found here), resume, and cover letter mailed to:
UPCAP, Attn: Executive Director, PO Box 606, Escanaba, MI 49829
or by fax (906)786-5853
Solicited and unsolicited submissions are accepted and will be kept on file for a period of one (1) year. View UPCAP 3.2 Recruiting & Hiring Policy.